Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Oversee and supervise the F&B service, leading the team, in accordance with operating policies
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in the administration of the Restaurant
- Handle guest complaints
- Promote all services offered in the Hotel
- Ensure that guests receive a personalized service in a timely, consistent manner and that their wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible
- Organize and supervise correct mise en place for the Restaurant.
- Liaise with Reception and Reservation for table reservations and special requests.
- Obtain feedback from guests and make recommendations for service improvement to the Management
- Ensure that the Restaurant areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness
- Ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and report any faults to the Management as well as completing maintenance requests.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in the development of the team through training, coaching and ongoing support.
- Any other cognate duties as assigned
- Degree in hotel management or equivalent
- Proven experience working in a supervisory F&B position in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both English and French
- Well presented, courteous, friendly with an outgoing personality and a passion for delivering great service
- Strong leadership & Management skills
- Ability to work both as part of the team and independently
- Customer focused and driven with an eye for detail
- Proactive, creative and self motivated with the capacity to work under pressure
- IT literate
- Previous experience with Micros POS is a definite advantage